Premiered on Showtime 12 June 2015.
Actor and comedian Alec Mapa (America’s Gaysian Sweetheart) shares hilarious and heartfelt stories about how his life has changed since he and his husband adopted a five year old through the foster care system. No topic is off limits in this raunchy yet moving film of his award-winning one-man show: Alec’s sex life, hosting gay porn award shows, midlife crisis, musical theatre, reality television, bodily functions, stage moms vs. baseball dads, and the joys, challenges, and unexpected surprises of fatherhood. Includes behind-the-scenes footage of his family’s home life on a busy show day.
The 78-minute director’s cut completed its festival circuit in 2014.
- WORLD PREMIERE Outfest Fusion (Los Angeles): 15 March 2014
- Frameline (San Francisco) 22 June 2014
- Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival (Honolulu) 10 July 2014
- Newfest (New York) 26 July 2014
- Reeling (Chicago) 19 September 2014
- Out on Film (Atlanta) 4 October 2014
- Tampa International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival (Tampa) 10 October 2014
- Seattle Lesbian & Gay Film Festival (Seattle) 16 October 2014
- Cinema Diverse (Palm Springs) 21 September 2014
Honors and awards
- Best Comedy Feature Audience Award, Out on Film
- Festival Favorite, Cinema Diverse
- 2013 Outfest Fusion Achievement Award for Alec Mapa
- Named a Top 10 LGBT documentary of 2014, The Advocate
News and reviews
- Alec Mapa: http://alecmapa.com
- IMDb listing: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3450290/
- Thought Moment Media: http://thoughtmoment.com/projects/alec-mapa-baby-daddy/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AlecMapaBabyDaddy
You must be logged in to post a comment.